Tribal Financial Managers Certificate Program
Arizona State University, Tempe Campus,
Demonstrating our commitment to bringing professional development to Indian Country, NAFOA partnered with Arizona State University's (ASU) American Indian Policy Institute to bring you the Tribal Financial Managers Certificate Program held on October 14-16, 2014. The certificate program graduated 40 students from tribal communities all over the United States. The program covered basic information on federal Indian law as well as areas of financial management that are unique to tribal governments.
Fall 2014 Tribal Financial Manager Certificate Program graduates
Participants who completed the Certificate Program learned:
- Principles of federal Indian law & its effect on tribal financial management
- Federal accounting standards & principles
- Compliance for Office of Management & Budget circulars A-102; A-87; A-133
- Developing & using internal financial & program controls
- Government fund accounting systems
- Self-Determination & Self-Governance financial compliance & record keeping
- Effects of federal, state and tribal taxation on tribal financial management
- Key tools for developing & managing budgets
The next scheduled program dates are May 19-21, 2015 and November 4-6, 2015.
Click here to learn more.