Cage Shift Supervisor
Posted 2 months ago
Responsible and accountable for the operations of the cage activities during a shift. Follows cage policies and procedures, ensures Cashiers follow same procedures. Interface with other departments. Handle customers in a professional and friendly manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must adhere to all aspects of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Program and its regulations including, but not limited to, Title 31 Cash Transactions, Suspicious Activity Reporting and Customer Identification requirements.
- Maintain security and accountability of company funds located in cages during designated shift.
- Must be able to work in a window when necessary.
- Supervise cage cashiers. Provide orderly and positive working environment.
- Prepare staffing schedules. Approve days off, vacations, personal days and follow up with paperwork.
- Conduct investigations of variances (over/shorts) that may occur on shift and follow up with paperwork.
- Handle customers complaints and inquiries.
- May review Cash Operations Surveillance Tape.
- Monitors staff performance; ensuring adherence to casino policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent guest service.
- Directly supervises Main Bank and Cage Cashiers and Coin Verifiers.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Prepares monthly variation and activity report for Cash Operations Manager. Interface and provides Cashiers with ongoing training and information.
- Prepares evaluation of Cashiers when due.
- Other related duties as assigned by Cage and Credit Manager or Assistant Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED, and at least 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in high volume cash operations.
- Proficient in using the Ten Key Adding Machine. Must have a professional demeanor and be able to communicate well with the public.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be able to work in an intense and fast paced environment where a high degree of concentration is necessary to perform required job duties.