Chief Financial Officer
Posted about 2 months ago
Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Opening Date: November 17, 2020
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting Relationship: Chief Executive Officer (CEO – Chain of Command)
Location: Hays or Billings, Montana (On-Site – Temporarily Teleworking)
Status: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt, Executive Team
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry. The CFO will have primary responsibility for the planning, managing, and running of all financial activities of a company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and negotiations.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.
- Responsible for the company's financial planning and analysis.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs, and evaluates the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the corporation’s programs, plans, and diversification strategies as a member of the Executive team.
- Implements financial planning & analysis solutions to enhance the finance department's ability to manage performance by linking corporate strategy to execution.
- Develops analysis and recommendations on diversification plans to ensure sound long-term investment strategies.
- Recommends investment strategies through sound research and analysis.
- Performs financial risk management by analyzing the organization’s operations and investments.
- Assists with Tribal Lending Entity (TLE) negotiations; the future growth of new and existing portfolios.
- Responsible for the oversight of TLE and other vertical forecasting and performance analysis.
Develops credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, the Board of Directors, the Executive team, and other executives in performing their responsibilities.
Enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforces accounting policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the Board of Directors as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline as a mentor and supervisor.
Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting departmental budgets.
Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions, and/or mergers and investments.
Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
Serves as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
Evaluates the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with an emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
Responsible for the annual audit process and ensuring an unmodified opinion without audit findings.
Other duties as assigned.
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance, required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation, required.
- Eight to ten years of experience in corporate or governmental financial management required.
Travel will be required for Professional Development, conferences, training, and meetings as a representative of IMDG.
Valid Driver’s License required.
A passport may be required for travel.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Company Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Hardship Assistance
Paid Time Off
Employee Transit (Hays Location Only)
Fitness Center (Hays Location Only)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IMDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and except to the extent required by its Native American Preference Policy and Veteran Preference Policy, IMDG prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, termination, and other matters affecting terms and conditions of employment.
Island Mountain Development Group is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug testing may be required. Applicants must consent to a background check.
Applications may be completed online at www.indeed.com
or can be requested by contacting :
Island Mountain Development Group, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470 Hays, Montana 59527 Phone: 406-673-3031 or Fax to 406-673-3023