Director of Finance
Posted 6 months ago
Position Summary: Accomplish the Pokagon Band Department of Finance objectives by planning, organizing, and directing all work required to operate and maintain departmental and other Tribal enterprise activities and services. Ensure financial and accounting policies, functions, resources, and programs are maintained in accordance with established laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Government Accounting Standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent field from an accredited institution whose program of study has been recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or the United States Department of Education.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of accounting or auditing experience and financial budgets is required.
• Experience in government/non-profit preferred
• Minimum of seven (7) years of supervisory experience.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
• Experience working with Native American communities is preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office Applications.
• Knowledge, intellect, temperament, and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced, environment is required.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and respond to questions.
• Strong delivery of positive service and excellent communication skills, both oral and written; high attention to detail, strong analytical skills and effective project management skills.
• Ability to formulate plans, procedures, and controls; ability to organize, evaluate, and present information effectively.
• Strong knowledge of governmental accounting and reporting concepts; knowledge of fiscal and program planning and budgeting.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the minimum insurance requirements regarding driving record in order to utilize GSA vehicles.
For full description, please visit our careers page: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=0528a983-eff0-40d1-9539-1ae4fdee6aff&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=391778&lang=en_US&source=CC4