Director of Operational Analysis
Posted about 2 months ago
The Director of Operational Analysis is responsible for the preparation, coordination, and documentation of operational analysis projects such as reinvestment metrics and property performance as well as provides analysis for forward-looking business-related projects. The Director of Operational Analysis works directly with all operations teams to ensure that such analysis and projects are accurate and completed in a timely manner. Requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Prepares forecasts and analysis of trends in revenue, expenses, finance, general business conditions, and other related areas.
- Evaluate potential business growth opportunities, utilizing both internal and external data sources.
- Strong SQL background and familiarity with extracting data from casino systems to perform the required analysis.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to make recommendations for improved financial performance
- Cooperate with all managed properties by providing historical data, departmental templates, establishing daily/monthly baselines and quantifying action plans and growth goals.
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management.
- Support the corporate operations team in budgeting and forecasting activities and monthly financial reviews.
- Build performance reports, and dashboards using business systems and data visualizer software.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously, with a focus on impacting growth, efficiency, and profitability across the brand.
- Coaching property influencers to solve problems and create suitable solutions.
- Adding new tools to business decision making and assist when the team is stuck trying to analyze problems.
- Using data to provide both actionable forecasts and automated detection and decision models.
- Responsible for the delivery and maintenance of high-quality reports and tools.
- Ensure tests can be robustly analyzed and identifying opportunities to improve profitability and growth in an automated way
- Own delivery of group-wide analytic processes working with other departments as necessary to expand group capabilities
- Challenge the team to accomplish more using data in real time to help automate processes or enable insights and decision making faster.
- Identify projects and drive to completion for enhanced group analytic capabilities.
- Maintain a wider roadmap of high importance items working with senior leadership across the company to identify the highest priority areas to improve.
In addition to the other duties described herein each and every Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the company.
- Obtain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Company’s programs to address problem gambling.
- Consult with the appropriate individuals and maintain an effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with the state regulations and Systems of Internal Controls.
- Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
- Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any Team Member that they have knowledge of.
- BA/BS from an accredited university with a degree in Hotel/Casino Management, Finance/Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field is required. Master’s degree is a plus
- 10+ years prior experience in an analytics-oriented role; financial and/or marketing analytics experience in casino gaming environment is preferred.
- Extensive experience in evaluating potential business opportunities, areas include but are not limited to mergers & acquisitions, multi-jurisdictional market evaluations, and property expansions.
- Interpret data and make meaningful and actionable recommendations by preparing and presenting formal proposals to senior-level executives in a clear, thorough, and professional manner.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-pace setting. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with minimal direction.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of Team Members, guests and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
- Extended time seated as well as on your feet.
- Some travel required as we are a growing gaming and entertainment company with properties in multiple states.