Posted 28 days ago
NAFOA is seeking a Junior Developer interested in joining a team developing modern solutions for a rapidly growing non-profit dedicated to advancing tribal economies. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver and have some experience in coding and web development.
NAFOA is a national non-profit organization (“Organization” or “NAFOA”) providing leadership for the advancement of independent and culturally-vibrant American Indian and Alaska Native communities by promoting excellence in financial management, advocating sound economic and fiscal policy, developing innovative education initiatives, and providing essential information, resources, and support to meet the challenges of economic growth and change
Primary Responsibilities Include Assisting Lead Developer on:
• Website maintenance, design, and development of existing applications
• Monitor web services for performance, reliability, and availability
• Support the enhancement and maintenance of key existing applications
• Assist with technical support
• Research and propose new features and improvements
• Attend meetings and communicate with NAFOA staff to help establish needs and finalize requests
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be at least an incoming Senior in college.
- Available to pair over Zoom,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple incoming requests.
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely during East Coast hours with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate with additional contractors and staff located throughout the country.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.